General Race Info
Select one of the race distances in the Races section, and view the interactive course maps and elevations!
Race Package Pickup
The Big Four, Stampede Park
You must pick up your race package at the Health and Wellness Expo. Bring your friends and family members with you as there will be plenty to see and admission is FREE! There is limited complimentary parking for the Health & Wellness Expo and two C-train stops at Stampede Park for convenient access.
Thursday, May 23: 4-8 p.m
Friday, May 24: 11 a.m. -7 p.m.
Saturday, May 25 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*In an effort to decrease wait times at the Health and Wellness Expo and Package Pickup; all participants will now pick up their packages according to bib number. Please read the instructions for Package Pickup below carefully:
- All registered participants will receive an individual email within the week before Race Weekend with your bib number. Please save this information and bring it with you to the Package Pickup.
- Print out, or record your bib number BEFORE going to the Package Pickup.
- A searchable database will be available on the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon website in the week before the Race Weekend. In the event that you do not receive an email prior to the Package Pickup, please search this database for your bib number BEFORE going to Package Pickup.
- Lists will be available at Package Pick up where you can look up your bib number by name and volunteers will be available to assist you.
- All participants MUST show identification at Package Pickup in order to get your bib.
If you are unable to pick up your package during Package Pickup, you may nominate someone to pick up your package on your behalf and the following process MUST be followed:
- Nominee will need to show volunteers photo identification.
- They need to know what your Bib # is.
- They must have email or written permission from you to pick up your package (can be shown to volunteers from a smart phone).
- They must have a printout of your registration email confirmation (or have it on their smart phone to show volunteers).
Bag Check - Opens at 5:30 a.m.
A secure bag check is available. You can only check the green reusable bag provided to you in your race kit. Please note this is the ONLY bag that will be accepted at bag check. Please adhere the coloured sticker with your bib number to the bag. This is required to check and pick up the bag. Allow a minimum of 30 minutes to check your bag.
Allow yourself ample time to make it to the start area of the race. Please check the Closures section of our website for important road closure information.
Transit to the race start/finish
We recommend taking public transit to the start/finish area of the race. The Erlton C-train stop is closest to the Grandstand.
There is limited parking available for a fee at Stampede Park. View the map below for parking details.
Timing Tag Instructions
Your timing device for the 2013 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon is the Chronotrack B-Tag. It is a single-use, disposable chip that is applied to the back of your race number. In order to receive an accurate time, please ensure your race number is:
- Clearly worn on the front of your torso
- Unaltered, and unmodified
- Pinned in all 4 corners
- Not covered by your jacket, water bottle, another shirt/sweater
- Visible as you cross the start and finish lines
DO NOT FOLD OR BEND YOUR RACE NUMBER AS IT WILL DAMAGE THE TIMING CHIP
All participants will receive a race bib and timing chip at registration. Your bib must be pinned (unmodified and fully visible) to the front of your shirt and displayed throughout the entire race. Participants without a bib will be asked to leave the course and will not be timed or receive a finishing medal.
Water and Aid Stations
The Jugo Juice 10K has two water stations on course.
Centaur Subaru Half Marathon has 6 water stations located on course, approximately every 3km.
The Scotiabank Calgary Marathon has 14 water stations located on course, approximately every 3km.
Gatorade is the official sports drink sponsor of the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon and will be available at Aid Stations.
PowerBar gels will also be available at the following Aid Stations:
Aid #8 Marathon only 24km
Aid #11 Marathon and Half 33km/12km
Aid #2 Marathon only on second loop 39km for marathon
Please reference the course maps to see the location of each Aid Station.
The Running Room Pace Bunnies
The Running Room will provide pacers for the Scotiabank Marathon, Centaur Subaru Half Marathon and Jugo Juice 10K and will be identifiable by "pace bunny ears". At the race start, line up near your pacer.
Scotiabank Marathon 3:30, 3:45, 4:00, 4:15, 4:30, 5:00
Centaur Subaru Half Marathon 1:55, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00
Jugo Juice 10K 1:00, 1:05, 1:10, 1:20
Post Race Massage
Post race massage will be available on race day. You can purchase a massage for $15 when you register for a Scotiabank Calgary Marathon race. On race day, you can purchase a massage for $20, subject to the availability of a massage therapist.
Canadian Elite Athlete Program
The Scotiabank Calgary Marathon is a proud supporter of local, up and coming talent and has an Elite Athlete program available to assist with some of the travel and registration costs for elite athletes. If you would like to apply to the elite athlete program, please visit www.calgarymarathon.com/registration/canadian_elites