By now, you have probably heard about our new marathon weekend challenge, The Roundup. Run any distance, finish before noon AND THEN run the GoodLife Fitness 5K at noon and your two medals attach together to make a super medal!
The Roundup Rules
- Register for both race distances and your personal information - including your email address must match (this is so we can find you in the system!)
- Once you have registered for both distances, no need to do anything additional, we know who you are!
- Line up in a special line at package pickup to get your special “Roundup” bib.
- Be sure to pick up both your race shirts.
- You must start the 5K at noon, before the last wave of the 5K goes out.
- We discourage walking your longer race distance, as in doing so you might not make the cut-off time to start the 5K at noon.
- Once you start the 5K you have 90 minutes to finish; you have almost completed the roundup!
- Wear your special “Roundup” bib for both events. Your bib will be chip timed for both distances and you will receive official times for both completed events.
Do I need to pay for both events?
Yes. Run Calgary is a not-for-profit organization and there are a number of expenses incurred to put on a world-class event. The majority of those costs are directly related to the number of participants registered for each race.. Fees are used for operational costs like timing services, insurance, road closure costs, tent rentals, portable toilets as well as the cool items you get for participating; t-shirts, medals and bibs.
Additionally, in registering for both events, we know you are participating in the Roundup and you will receive a special bib as well as both race shirts and finishers medals.
Can I start the 5K late?
No. We are subject to specific municipal rules in order to put on a safe and memorable experience for runners while limiting any disruptions for city residents and drivers. Our road closures are not indefinite and participants must start each race at the published time.
What else can I expect to receive?
It’s a surprise! We are working on a few more extra treats for our 'rounduppers’' as we want to recognize all the ambitious participants hitting the road twice on May 26th!