1,500 Volunteers needed for the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon
Volunteer Training Schedule - no need to RSVP just show up if you can!
Join the Run Calgary team and your race week coordinator for light snacks and refreshments while we do optional volunteer training in order to make your race week volunteering experience great! Training takes place at the Central Library on Saturday May 4th from 9:30am to 4:30pm. See the schedule HERE.
If you cannot make either, no worries, important race weekend info will be made available by your leads and we look forward to seeing you race weekend for your scheduled shift. Message Jackie at email@example.com with any questions!
Volunteers are the heart of this event and over 1,500 volunteers are needed for the 55th Scotiabank Calgary Marathon Race Weekend. Volunteering for the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon is a great way to give back to the community, support healthy lifestyles and active living and be part of Canada's longest running marathon.
We HEART Volunteers. Volunteering for the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon is a great way to give back to the community, support healthy lifestyles and active living and be part of Canada's longest running marathon.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- NEW in 2019! Intimate volunteer appreciation & training with your volunteer peers on Saturday May 4 from 9am to 4:30pm at the Central Library.
- NEW in 2019! Be eligible to win and be invited to a Volunteer Awards night
- NEW in 2019! Volunteer hours count towards the Earn Burn School Contest (learn more about how to get your school involved)
- Receive a free technical t-shirt
- Be eligible for exclusive draw prizes
- Volunteer food and refreshments are provided for your shift and training
- Experience the fun and excitement of a marathon without the training, sweat or anxiety
There are a variety of positions available as well as group and individual volunteer opportunities. Volunteering with the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon can be a great team-building exercise, a fun family bonding experience, a way to get credit for volunteer hours required for school and a new way to meet people.
Download this form and bring it with you for your direct lead to sign off on your hours.
For more information and to get involved email: firstname.lastname@example.org